Cyclomatic complexity in D ?

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 15 18:36:16 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 16 August 2016 at 00:34:36 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Monday, 15 August 2016 at 22:36:41 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> Last night I've done a bit of documentation work on cyclomatic
>> complexity. From this work it looks like the tools that do
>> this static analysis are only using the AST (e.g the CC is
>> computed for a each single function, and function calls inside
>> the graph are considered as "connected componenents" with a
>> constant weight of 1.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Possible - Certainly.
> Doable - I am not sure. But I am going to tend to no.

I think to put a "trusting" variable into what would be the
normal caclculation, for example each time a compile branch is
reached while visiting the AST the trusting of the final value is
reduced by a certain factor. Unfortunately I'm not a computer
scientist so it'll be hard to determine the "compile time branch
effect".