Fact checking for my talk

Ethan Watson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 15 23:13:18 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 13 August 2016 at 19:34:42 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> It's risky to compare with languages you aren't strongly
> familiar with. All it takes is one mistake and one audience
> member who knows more than you about it, and it can seriously
> derail and damage the entire presentation.
>
> I recommend sticking with describing the unique D features, and
> let the audience members who know other languages draw their
> own comparisons.

I do agree with this.

But by the same token, the table highlights what actually are the
unique D features. I make a point that the languages themselves
are reasonable enough replacements for C++ in many circumstances,
but that the things I do with D's compile time functionality
aren't easily achievable in those languages.

At this point, the only thing I still haven't found concrete
information on is function inspection in Swift and Rust, which
should be a mark against the languages if it's not easily
Googlable.