Fact checking for my talk

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 15 23:36:25 PDT 2016

On 2016-08-16 08:13, Ethan Watson wrote:

> At this point, the only thing I still haven't found concrete information
> on is function inspection in Swift and Rust, which should be a mark
> against the languages if it's not easily Googlable.

For Objective-C it's possible to use the Objective-C runtime functions
to access some of this information. Based on a method you can access the
types of the arguments and the return type. Although this data is
represented as strings, in a semi mangled format. All this should be
accessible in Swift as well but will only (I assume) work for Swift
methods that can be called from Objective-C. "Native" Swift methods
support other features that are not accessible in Objective-C, like
generics.

--
/Jacob Carlborg