Compiler Problem with Vibe.d

Emre Temelkuran via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 16 07:51:37 PDT 2016

I am experiencing compiler problem when trying to run vibe.d on
linux. I solved it but
it needs to be fixed in dub or compiler itself.

I tried DMD on Windows first and it was working fine.
But on Linux, i tried to install DMD and LDC on Debian,Ubuntu and
Arch Linux.
I am first installing dmd or ldc from official repository. Then
i'm installing dub.
On Debian i'm adding adviced additional repo for dub.
I am using "dub init myproject -t vibe.d" then trying to run with
dub command. It always giving error after the message Linking... .

The solution is to install libevent-devel and libssl-devel to
make it work on Debian and -dev on Arch.