ISO D

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 17 04:01:02 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 09:25:38 eugene via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> is it probably 5 years for ISO D to happen or more?

I don't think that any of us know where D will be in 5 years. Having an ISO
standard at some point is certainly a possibility, but it's not even clear
that it's something that we're going to want. Some languages have ISO
standards, some don't, and there are very successful languages in both
categories.

So, having an ISO standard is a possibility but not a goal, and when we will
have one - if ever - is a complete unknown beyond the fact that it's not
happening right now.

- Jonathan M Davis