Why 16Mib static array size limit?

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 17 05:20:28 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 16 August 2016 at 20:19:32 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 August 2016 at 20:11:12 UTC, Yuxuan Shui wrote:
>> Wait, doesn't D have strict aliasing rules?
>
> luckily, no. at least this is not enforced by dmd. and it is
> great.

Controlling aliasing is really the #1 optimization barrier these
days, so I don't think it's that good of a thing.

Almost every single one case where Rust end up being faster than
C++ is because their type system allow for more AA information
available for the optimizer.

AA is also key to do non GC memory management at language level.