Autotester farm is down

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 17 16:47:33 PDT 2016

On 8/17/2016 4:13 PM, Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Several of the machines are run out of aws.  The cost of running a windows
> instance inside aws is pretty awful.  Shrug.. it's a wash, for the most part.

For the ones in house, I wonder if it would be cost effective to replace them
with ones that draw less power. For example, Win7 laptops can be picked up at
the pawn shop for about $150. Put an SSD drive in them, max out the ram, turn
off the display, and run them. Of course, they'll be slow, but that may not
matter if 2 or 3 running in parallel can replace a single power hungry machine.