[OT] of [OT] I am a developer and I hate documentation

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 18 06:19:13 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 18 August 2016 at 12:20:01 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 August 2016 at 11:28:10 UTC, Chris wrote:
>
> Warning - this is has gone quite off-topic, so before you start
> to criticize the following sentence, let's better focus on the
> bigger issue here: documentation for most D packages is
> terrible.
>
> There is a fix: s/sex/porn/g

I knew this would come up, but it's not true either. Then you
could also throw in (forced) prostitution etc. However, in one
way documentation is how sex: more people talk about it than
actually do it!

Isn't there a way to auto-generate a minimal documentation with
the help of the compiler? As in

int myFunction(int a, int b)
{
   if (a > -1)
     return a + b;
   return -1;
}

// auto-gen:
Returns `int`, if `a` is greater than -1, else returns -1.
Parameters: `int`, `int`; Returns `int`.

Something like that.