[OT] of [OT] I am a developer and I hate documentation

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 18 07:31:47 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 18 August 2016 at 13:19:13 UTC, Chris wrote:
> Isn't there a way to auto-generate a minimal documentation with
> the help of the compiler? As in

I think that would be useless for anything other than toy
functions. You can just view the source and learn more than that.

Good documentation tells you something that is hard to tell from
the source alone... it tells you there's a forest among these
trees.

But even just plain tree thing, the doc can just list the
prototype and have a view source thing rather than try to parse
the code into English anyway.