[OT] of [OT] I am a developer and I hate documentation

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 19 03:50:20 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 18 August 2016 at 17:23:09 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 04:56:32PM +0000, ketmar via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Thursday, 18 August 2016 at 16:17:15 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> > if the stub reads:
>> >
>> > 	/**
>> > 	 * THE PROGRAMMER WAS TOO LAZY TO FILL THIS IN
>> > 	 * Params:
>> > 	 *	x = THE PROGRAMMER WAS TOO LAZY TO FILL THIS IN
>> > 	 *	y = THE PROGRAMMER WAS TOO LAZY TO FILL THIS IN
>> > 	 * Returns: THE PROGRAMMER WAS TOO LAZY TO FILL THIS IN
>> > 	 */
>> > 	int myFunc(int x, int y) { ... }
>> >
>> > :-P
>> i assure you that programmers will still be too lazy to fill
>> the docs. but they *will* spend alot of time rebuilding (or
>> hex-editing if there is no source) their IDE to replace the
>> message.
>
> Haha, too true!

It is true. After all, it's all about writing code and hacking.
"Look now it says 'THE PROGRAMMER IS COOL'! It only took me 3
hours to figure out how to replace the message. I'll write a blog
about it! => reddit => flame war => please mark as OT ..."

But it is like everything else: nice to have, even if you don't
use it _all the time_.