Why D is not popular enough?

Bill Hicks via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 19 23:08:21 PDT 2016

On Monday, 1 August 2016 at 15:31:35 UTC, Emre Temelkuran wrote:
> For years, i was travelling along Golang, Rust, Perl, Ruby,
> Python, PHP, JScript, JVM Languages.
> Lastly Crystal Lang and Nimrod, Julia, Haskell, Swift and many
> more that i can't remember.
>
> I'm 24 years old, my first lang was PHP and VBasic then C,C++
> and i first heard about D after 2005 when i was 14-15 years old.
>
> I always ignored D, i prejudiced that D failed, because nobody
> were talking about it. I decided to check it yesterday, it has
> excellent documentation, i almost covered all aspects. I think
> D is much better than the most of the other popular langs. It's
> clear as JScript, Swift, Julia and PHP, also it's capable
> enough as C,C++. I think D deserves a bigger community.
>
> Why people need NodeJS, Typescript etc, when there is already
> better looking lang?
> Everyone talking about how ugly is Golang. So why people are
> going on it? Performance concerns? Why languages that are not
> backed up by huge companies are looking like they failed?

F*CK, here we go again.

D is not popular because it is a failed language (i.e, failed
design, implementation, and everything else).  How many times do
we need to repeat that before people get it?  Move on, get over
it, and be happy.  There are far better programming languages out
there for any problem domain.