D is not popular enough because..

Bill Hicks via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 22 16:40:50 PDT 2016

On Monday, 22 August 2016 at 06:47:43 UTC, Johnjo Willoughby
wrote:
> "We decided not to fix the suspension but we painted some cool
> flames on the bonnet for you... isn't it awesome!!!".
> "Huh???"
> "Well you can still drive it, just try to avoid hitting any pot
> holes"

I think it's more like this:

It's not that they decided not to fix the suspension, it's just
that they weren't sure or didn't know how to fix the suspension.
On top of that, they've tried to convince the drivers that they
don't really need a suspension.  They even have a local TV ad
telling people how great suspension-less driving is.  Their
customer base is mostly teenagers and boys in their 20s, hence
the cool flames.