Registering a package with dub

Lodovico Giaretta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 23 11:56:37 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 18:32:50 UTC, Lodovico Giaretta
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 18:28:54 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>> Now I have successfully published it:
>> http://code.dlang.org/my_packages/checkedint_andralex.
>> However, I see this error on the page:
>>
>> Version 0.0.1: Package name (checkedint) does not match the
>> original package name (checkedint_andralex). Check dub.sdl.
>>
>> What should I check? My dub.sdl lists checkedint_andralex.
>>

>> Andrei
>
> Because version 0.0.1 will always refer to your 0.0.1 tag. And
> in the commit referred by the tag, the SDL name is still
> "checkedint". The config file may change between releases, and
> DUB will always use the config file that shipped with each tag.
> So the only way to solve the problem is to create a new tag
> with the correct name setting, and maybe remove the old tag.

Expanding on this, you can see from the public package page
https://code.dlang.org/packages/checkedint_andralex that the only
available version is ~master. There's no mention of v0.0.1, as
the SDL file shipped with that tag has a name mismatch with the
registered package name, so the release is discarded by DUB.