Compiling DMD on Windows: A journey of mystery and madness

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 23 12:59:41 PDT 2016

On 8/23/2016 10:58 AM, Meta wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 10:28:35 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Sometimes I have customers that don't know what a command prompt or a
>> subdirectory is, and I've learned to just send their money back.
>
> When your software is free your currency is people's attention. We really don't
> want to be giving out refunds.

I don't like to lose any customers. They do have expectations when they pay
money for a product, but I can't teach someone via email how their computer
works when all they know is click & drag. I've tried, it ended badly every time.

You can't remotely teach someone to fly an F-104 when they don't know what a
rudder is.

At least with D I can point them to the learn forum.