I used dub for the first time, here are a few notes

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 24 02:27:43 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 18:05:32 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 17:46:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>

> This is a point I've made on a number of occasions. Dub is
> largely useless to me, because even if I can figure it out,
> there is no way I can tell others that they should use it.
>
> Thankfully Mike Parker said (must have been a few weeks ago)
> that he has started a project to document it. When that is
> released I will seriously consider using Dub.

I've been using dub for years now. It helps me a lot, but the
documentation could be better, I agree. It would be nice to have
a UI for people who don't want to bother with cli switches and
config files, that would be a first step towards IDE
functionality. I think with dub having reached 1.0 status, we
should think about a UI and IDE integration (chances are that
somebody has already embarked on this).