I used dub for the first time, here are a few notes

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 24 08:20:56 PDT 2016

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:47:32 +0000, jmh530 wrote:

> On Wednesday, 24 August 2016 at 09:27:43 UTC, Chris wrote:
>>
>> I've been using dub for years now. It helps me a lot, but the
>> documentation could be better, I agree. It would be nice to have a UI
>> for people who don't want to bother with cli switches and config files,
>> that would be a first step towards IDE functionality. I think with dub
>> having reached 1.0 status, we should think about a UI and IDE
>> integration (chances are that somebody has already embarked on this).
>
> If you look here https://wiki.dlang.org/IDEs many of the projects
> indicate some kind of dub support.

I just tried to check out their support for Dub.

Mono-D: it wouldn't update properly, and the version I have installed
already doesn't support dub.

DDT: it took multiple minutes to connect to the update site. It failed to
install.

So it'd be nice if I could use an IDE for this, but it doesn't look like
it's going to happen.