Entity Component Architecture

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 24 15:26:00 PDT 2016

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 17:57:33 +0000, vladdeSV wrote:
> I am searching for feedback. What do you think it's pros and cons are?
> Preformance, memory usage, scaleability, etc?

It's like thirty lines of code and does almost nothing that I need.

Why no `getOrAdd`? Why no ID? Why is there nothing to help me find all
components of a given type? Where's the reference back from Component to
Entity? How do I get all components on an entity that implement a given
interface? Why do all components need to have `update()` and `active`?

I really don't think the problem your library is addressing is both
complex enough and standardized enough to reasonably turn it into a
library.