C# 7 Features - Tuples

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 25 08:50:09 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 15:02:06 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 8/25/16 10:43 AM, Dominikus Dittes Scherkl wrote:
>> On Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 13:41:29 UTC, dom wrote:
>>> https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2016/08/24/whats-new-in-csharp-7-0/
>>>

>>> came across the new c# features today. I really liked the
>>> syntax for
>>> Tuples (and deconstructors), would be great to have a similar
>>> syntax
>>> in D :)
>>
>> Pretty obvious syntax, but would require the comma operator to
>> be
>> removed. Isn't it deprecated long enough meanwhile, so we
>> finally can
>> kill it?
>
> It was *just* deprecated, I don't think even in a released
> version yet!
>
> -Steve

Yep,

https://dlang.org/deprecate.html#Using%20the%20result%20of%20a%20comma%20expression
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/5737

However working out the rules and changes for a Tuple syntax
would be a great topic for a DIP:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs

Btw there has been previous work on this topic, so this could be
used as a base:

https://wiki.dlang.org/DIP32