Usability of D on windows?

John Burton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 25 13:31:59 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 11:52:51 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 09:57:28 UTC, John Burrton wrote:
>> I'll try to find a small test case that crashes the compiler
>> in visual D and check out what version I'm using etc, and
>> submit a bug report if I am able.
>
> Did you try to get error messages from LDC? IIRC it will print
> colored text, which may not work with a pipe.

I will try to get the exact messages tomorrow but I found that
the difference is that under visual D it adds (amongst others)
the -O and -deps filename options. If I add _both_ of those on
the ldc2.exe command line it often crashes. without either it's
stable.

I'll try to get a self contained report tomorrow.