Usability of D on windows?

John Burton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 25 14:05:14 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 20:47:28 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 20:31:59 UTC, John Burton wrote:
>> I'll try to get a self contained report tomorrow.
>
> Please do – the -deps switch is certainly not the most
> well-tested part of LDC. It mostly inherits this part of the
> code from DMD, but there might be a subtle, unintentional
> difference hiding somewhere.
>
> (There is also
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/1625.)
>
>  — David

If I try to compile this :-

import std.stdio;

void process(ref float[1] data)
{
     for(int i = 0; i < 1; i++)
         data[i] = data[i] + 1.0f;
}

void main()
{
     float[1] data;
     readf("%s", &data[0]);
     process(data);
     writefln("The answer is %s\n", data[0]);
}

using the command line :-

ldc2 -O -deps=out.txt test.d

Then sometimes it works and sometimes it crashes with a traceback
(but without useful symbols for most of it).
Sounds like it could be that bug that was linked.

I don't care about the deps myself but the visual D seems to add
it.