D Github contributors - enable 2 factor authentification

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 26 08:11:51 PDT 2016

On 08/11/2016 05:25 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/11/2016 7:34 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> so no actual code would be lost.
>
> Github dlang is our critical infrastructure, we should treat it
> accordingly. I agree we wouldn't lose the code history, but would lose
> just about everything else. It would take us days, maybe weeks, to get
> things set up again.
>
> Why risk it?

That right there is why gitlab is better. I realize it's too late now,
but I kinda wish we had standardized on that instead of github. Unlike
gitlab, github takes all the philosophy, purpose, goals and values of
git (the very tool it's built for) and throws them straight out the
window, replacing them with a traditional, very non-git-like
MS/Facebook-style single-point-of-failure walled garden.