Allows the use of part of the language keywords?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 26 11:58:25 PDT 2016

On Friday, August 26, 2016 17:59:39 Cauterite via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 26 August 2016 at 14:16:27 UTC, Brian wrote:
> > package application.module.user.model;
>
> I get "Error: identifier expected following '.' instead of
> 'module'"
> So I'm not sure how that compiles for you.

I think that he's looking for a language change that would allow you to use
keywords in contexts where the keyword would not be valid. It's been
suggested before, but it was rejected. If nothing else, it doesn't at all
play nicely with how lexers and parsers normally work. It's _far_ cleaner if
the compiler can treat a keyword as a keyword in all contexts that it's
used. Not doing so makes the grammar context-dependent, whereas Walter has
gone to great lengths to make it completely context-free.

- Jonathan M Davis