if-expressions

Cauterite via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 28 09:17:31 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 28 August 2016 at 13:48:43 UTC, Tomer Filiba wrote:
> Python uses `x = 5 if cond else 6`, which is by far more
> readable
>
> -tomer

conseq1 if cond1 else conseq2 if cond2 else conseq3 if cond3 else
conseq4

I dunno man, it seems all backwards to me. If you're gonna do it
this way, then you'd also want your if-statements like this:

{
     foo();
     bar();
} if (cond);

Could you imagine trying to read a function you didn't write
yourself if branches were written like that?

But more importantly IMO the order of execution should be
reflected in the syntax. Even if you put the condition in the
middle, it still gets executed first.