Do we need a FAQ page?

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 29 10:05:26 PDT 2016

On Monday, 29 August 2016 at 16:17:39 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> In addition to needing the FAQ at the highest level of the
>> menus, we need a reference to Ali's book. The old website had
>> it listed as one of the top items as the "official tutorial".
>> Now it's buried and nobody will know it is the official
>> tutorial even in the unlikely event that they do find it.
>
> Huh? It's directly in the "Learn" tab:
>
>> For a deeper dive into D check out books about D, among others
>> Ali Çehreli's Programming in D.
>
> (it's also mentioned at a couple of other places on dlang.org)

This is what the Learn tab links to on my computer:
http://wiki.dlang.org/Getting_Started

That must have been changed recently, because it had been
pointing to the DLang Tour.

> Btw if would be an "official" tutorial, which afaik there isn't,

Ali's book was called the official tutorial by Andrei, and before
the website was changed, it had prominent placement at the top of
the sidebar. Now it is just another book and there is no way to
get to it from the menu.