Why D is not popular enough?

eugene via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 30 01:34:23 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 at 08:00:35 UTC, Markus wrote:
> D has its roots in C++ (and C) but is full fledged now and
> should
> represent its features and strength WITHOUT continuously
> referencing C++ and without this repetitive "without mistakes".
> From my point of view this is misleading for people coming to D
> first time.

i think it is to invite C\C++ developers to use D instead of what
they now use. I dont think D currently can supersede neither
C\C++ nor java, since both sides have a huge amount of libs,
frameworks as it's a key why they are still highly used, though
java lacks in speed of evolution and C++ is becoming more complex
and C lacks abstractions like OOP