Low level unit test library in druntime

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 30 09:06:21 PDT 2016

On 2016-08-30 16:44, Atila Neves wrote:

> I'm obviously very biased but having written a unit testing library that
> I'm happy with and proud of I'd just use that instead. I wouldn't be
> interested in this.

The point of this low level library is that a high level unit test
library, like your unit-threaded, can use the low level library in
druntime. If this was to be implemented I imagine we could move some
code from unit-threaded to this low level library. No need for unit test
frameworks to reimplement the low level stuff that would be very similar.

> I'd much rather have `assert` be magical or have AST macros to make the
> syntax for writing tests better than what it is now.

That would be nice to have.

--
/Jacob Carlborg