DIP1000

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 30 09:39:22 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 at 16:27:05 UTC, Lodovico Giaretta
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 at 16:12:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>> I'd like to initiate collaboration on an effort to do DIP1000
>> rigorously.
>>
>> [...]
>
> If I may suggest, a repository with some LaTeX code may be a
> good idea, especially if the idea is to write things like << If
> gamma derives a with lifetime l, then gamma derives a' with
> lifetime l' >> (I mean, diagrams like the ones at page 9 of the
> paper). Then you could use subscripts/superscripts to associate
> lifetime to expressions in these graphs and upload on your site
> a nice readable pdf.

Okay this is a bit unrelated to the original question, but it's
2016 and we can do a lot better. It's quite easy to combine LaTeX
and Markdowm to get something easy to use and yielding pretty
HTML. Have a look at the sources of my blog post from last week:

https://github.com/libmir/blog/blob/master/_posts/2016-08-19-transformed-density-rejection-sampling.md

(As I am quite familiar with the setup and would be happy to set
it up - including auto-deploy)