DIP1000

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 30 12:27:36 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 at 17:46:41 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 08/30/2016 12:39 PM, Seb wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 at 16:27:05 UTC, Lodovico Giaretta
>> wrote:

>>> If I may suggest, a repository with some LaTeX code may be a
>>> good
>>> idea, especially if the idea is to write things like << If
>>> gamma
>>> derives a with lifetime l, then gamma derives a' with
>>> lifetime l' >>
>>> (I mean, diagrams like the ones at page 9 of the paper). Then
>>> you
>>> could use subscripts/superscripts to associate lifetime to
>>> expressions
>>> in these graphs and upload on your site a nice readable pdf.
>>
>> Okay this is a bit unrelated to the original question, but
>> it's 2016 and
>> we can do a lot better. It's quite easy to combine LaTeX and
>> Markdowm to
>> get something easy to use and yielding pretty HTML. Have a
>> look at the
>> sources of my blog post from last week:
>>
>> https://github.com/libmir/blog/blob/master/_posts/2016-08-19-transformed-density-rejection-sampling.md
>>

>> (As I am quite familiar with the setup and would be happy to
>> set it up -
>> including auto-deploy)
>
> Isn't it amazing how fast we got to a debate on choosing
> tools... :o) -- Andrei

Sorry, please ignore, but it would still be nice to put it on
Github, so that we can make pull requests. A couple of nits from
a first pass:

- ArgumentList is not defined -> ParameterList
- The parameters is limited to 0,1,2 - on purpose? (opt -> *
would allow arbitrary numbers of parameters)
- In contrast to FeatherweightJava the grammar allows a lot of
weird stuff like:

ref int** foo {
    42 = 42;
    return null;