Usability of "allMembers and derivedMembers traits now only return visible symbols"

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 31 06:15:51 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 at 08:33:28 UTC, Ethan Watson wrote:
> That's how it used to work, but getProtection would fail if the
> symbol wasn't public. Which led to me using a workaround to
> something of this effect:

Yeah, I kinda regret the design of getProtection (which is
basically 100% my fault, I implemented it myself and pushed it
through without thinking about private - I was only interested in
public vs export for my personal use case...), but if getMember
worked on private things too, getProtection would never have to
return inaccessible and it would be pretty again.