Joe Duffy on concurrency

Barry via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 1 04:17:46 PST 2016

http://joeduffyblog.com/2016/11/30/15-years-of-concurrency/

D gets a brief, but good plug:

The system we came up with has obvious comparisons to D’s take on
const and immutable; just as D’s const is a view over mutable or
immutable data, so too is our readonly. And just as D added
deepness to the concept of const, so did we in our permissions
model generally. This is perhaps the closest analogy in any
existing systems. I am frankly surprised it doesn’t get used an
order of magnitude more than it does, although Andrei, one of its
chief developers, has some thoughts on that topic.