CTFE Status

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 2 18:07:06 PST 2016

Currently I am working on the ability of returning structs.
Although those are "merely" heterogeneous arrays.
This is a very important step towards having a usable
CTFE-reimplementation.

the regressed struct support.
seems to be restored. (Although I have no idea why)
Once this is done the more complex composite types have to be fit
in the current model.

I have a very flat representation of values.
They are treated almost exactly as run-time values.
Which means that the ctfe engine itself needs a well defined abi.
Since I was aware of this, I have already put alot of thought
into this.
However the recent onslaught of bugs have shown that I can not
assume that my code is bug-free.
I expect a few hard issues in the memory-management and
ABI-dependent code.

I will keep you updated,
Cheers,
Stefan