CTFE Status

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 4 23:48:31 PST 2016

On Monday, 5 December 2016 at 04:26:35 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> I just improved the handling of void initializations.
> Now the code is less pessimistic and will allow them if they
> are assigned to before use.
> However using void variables at ctfe will not result in any
> performance wins.

I found an easily fixable performance problem inside the
byte-code generator.
Causing it to allocate 800K per discovery of a new type.
Reducing this will probably make IR generation 10 times faster in
the average case.
Clearing 800K takes quite some time.

Furthermore I will revise some design decisions inside the IR
generator.
Those are related to how break and continue are handled.
Because continue is still broken.

Hopefully I can fix this without spreading the responsible code
around everywhere :)