DMD 2.072.1 MSVC build seems to be failing

Lewis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 6 18:15:33 PST 2016

I like to build DMD with MSVC because it complies a little faster
than the shipped executable. I downloaded and installed a fresh
copy of DMD 2.072.1, opened dmd2/dmd/vcbuild/dmd.sln, and tried
to build. I got several compilation errors related to missing
files, in particular:

1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\glue.c':
No such file or directory
1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\msc.c':
No such file or directory
1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\toir.c':
No such file or directory

I tried fiddling a bit with removing these files from the
project, and I could get the first stage of the build to pass,
but then I ran into linker errors later on. I don't know enough
about how this project is set up, so I figured I'd just ask.

Any ideas what's going on? Did the VS project simply not get
updated for the new release, or am I missing something in my
build procedure? I can build my old installation of 2.071.0
without issue.

Thanks!