Should we warn if we detect null derefernces or void value uses ?

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 7 02:14:38 PST 2016

On 12/4/2016 11:39 PM, Stefan Koch wrote:
> It will warn on something that is almost always bad!

Warnings cause problems in that they fracture the language into different,
confusing dialects. Let's say you've joined a new group, and you're expected to
maintain some D codebase you are totally unfamiliar with. It compiles with
warnings. Is that a problem or not?

Every warning in the compiler is a problem with the language specification, not
a solution.