CTFE Status

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 12 23:21:07 PST 2016

Hi Guys, I just fixed the LLVM-Backend a little.
It's about 4000 times slower to start up then the interpreter.
And has 1000 microseconds overhead per evaluation.

If you don't want to run a raytracer at compiletime I doubt that
the llvm backend is the right one for you.

That said, it's a great fit for getting started in compiler
development.
It can also be used to show potential optimization our own
peephole optimizer could do.

The llvm backend will currently not run the whole test-suite
because it fails on ++ (because of a missing load-store cycle I
suspect)...
The strange thing here is, that it only fails sometimes :)