CTFE Status

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 14 00:40:34 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 13 December 2016 at 12:04:31 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> I made good progress on function calls today.
> By deferring them we get both better bytecode-generator
> performance and simpler code.
> Since the deferring step seems to work, you can expect calls to
> work by the end of next week.
>
> When function-calls work, I will direct efforts towards correct
> handling of || and &&,
> since it is very annoying to work around the lack of them :)
>
> Also start-up times for ctfe are still dropping.
> When the old ctfe is completely replaced, (hopefully around
> February)
> I can reasonably expect compile-times to be reduced by over 65%
> (given that ctfe was the bottleneck)
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan

String-Switches are supported now.

And just to make a point why I am pissed about templates
sometimes :
The following paste contains the IR generated by a Phobos
template which was miscompiled until very recently.

oh ...  pastie does not accept more then 64K :(
Ah pastebin does.
http://pastebin.com/Jfh1NH3m