All function attributes possible with "@"?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 14 04:00:04 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 at 09:51:00 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 at 03:49:23 UTC, Jonathan M
> Davis wrote:
>> I say that when dealing with the built-in attributes, just
>> treat @ like another letter in the keyword, learn it, and move
>> on.
>
> **Applause**
>
> This is such a small thing and it is no problem at all to get
> used to.  Much better to focus on things that can really make a
> difference.

exactly the kind of logic that made c++.

if someone have to "get used" to something in the language, and
there is no way to logically deduce it, the language has A HUGE
PROBLEM. there just can't be more important things. 'cause it
doesn't matter how much features your language has: if it require
random memorization, it won't attract people. with c and c++ we
haven't much choice, but now there are alot of languages.

sadly, any attempt to sanitize D is dismissing with "small thing"
argument. and then we keep trying to explain why "@" in
attributes is random, why `auto` is not allowed in `foreach`, and
so on. and there is no real answer except "it is such a small
thing! get used to it!" and that doesn't work. why newcomer have
to "get used" to something right from the start, even before he
developed some relations with the language?

"just get used to that small thing" is a big thing that ruins D.