All function attributes possible with "@"?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 15 02:46:37 PST 2016

On Thursday, 15 December 2016 at 06:40:06 UTC, 01010100b wrote:
> And if the goal is greater adoption of the language then I
> don't think it's true that only technical changes matter. Going
> by the, admittedly small, sample of myself the problem is not
> not being able to learn which attributes to write with @, but
> that this just screams "bad design!" at me. Which then leads me
> to wonder "if I invest more into learning and experimenting
> with this language to see if it can solve the problem I want it
> to solve, how likely will it be that I will run into more such
> things which then eventually lead me to reject the language in
> favour of another alternative, thereby wasting my investment in
> it?"

hear, hear! this is what i am screaming about all the time:
requiring each newcomer to perform leap of faith even before he
felt in love with D! ;-)

btw, i'm using D exclusively for all my programming tasks
(including scripts i used to write in sh ;-) for several years
now, and i still have to stop and thing where to put that "@"
sometimes. 'cause it is impossible to deduce, and i am very bad
in memorizing arbitrary non-logical things.