Will this features be accepted for DUB?

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 16 06:57:51 PST 2016

On Friday, 16 December 2016 at 13:28:49 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 17/12/2016 2:21 AM, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
>> Mir GLAS should be builded with special dub flags, in the
>> future it will
>> require to be linked with netlib libs.
>>
>> We need
>> 1. a post fetch (build) options. GLAS should be builded only
>> in release,
>> and in single file mode. It is a betterC library with extern C
>> interface.
>
> I doubt that is going in, as that overrides what the user may
> want to do.

Mir needs different project be builded in deferent modes.
For example GLAS requires
	--build-mode=singleFile --compiler=ldmd2.
Other package may require to be builded with other modes and
other compiler. But a user program may use any compiler and
compilation mode. This is possible for libraries with extern(C)
interface.

>> 2. ability to build C/C++ code, run makefiles.
>
> Sure, preGenerateCommands/preBuildCommands.

This does not work for Mir GLAS. Mir GLAS should be builded as a
C library with extern D interface.

preGenerateCommands/preBuildCommands generates different binaries
for different compilation modes and different compilers which
would not work for Mir GLAS.

>> 3. ability to compose libraries.
>
> Umm what?

For example: two project that should be linked into a single
library.

>> 4. ability to override a compiler for betterC libraries.
>
> It should be transitive meaning if a dependency specifies it,
> then all packages should have it.

What do you mean?