DIP10005: Dependency-Carrying Declarations is now available for community feedback

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 16 09:19:56 PST 2016

On 12/16/2016 04:58 AM, John Colvin wrote:
> Is it worth the time and effort of core developers and community
> reviewers, both now and as an ongoing feature-maintenance burden:
> absolutely not. I have no idea why this proposal is a priority right now.

Walter and I wanted to have a positive example of a good DIP that is
relatively simple, is noncontroversial, and marks a definite move forward.

We believe the feature's benefits are significant, obvious, and
immediate. With this feature, any large project would be able to
radically clarify and improve its dependency structure with only little
refactoring work. I interpret the negative feedback as failings of the
DIP to explain and argue matters appropriately, so I'm working hard on
improving it. Please keep feedback coming.

Thanks,

Andrei