CTFE Status

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 16 20:14:29 PST 2016

I just fixed gotos again.
While researching unusually large performance drops, I found the
cause for a rather nasty bug. (It was an off-by-one error again
:))

It turned out that there were circumstances where some gotos
would be dropped and the corresponding fixup jumps where never
emitted.

Due to a curious situation in the dmd ast, I had to make jumps
without addresses into nops.
This was hiding the bug.

BTW supporting NOPS has been a huge pain for some time now.
I will look into fixing my dmd-ast handling to make them
unnecessary.
Jumps that don't know where they are supposed to go should not be
ignored but an error instead!