The Computer Language Benchmarks Game - no D

Boston via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 18 13:26:36 PST 2016

Some days ago I'd been looking for comparisons between different
programming languages, and I found this site:

http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/

It seems like a good way to compare the performance of different
PLs, when fed different tasks to do, but there's a problem -
there's no D in it! Which seems very strange, given the inclusion
of Clojure (found at the bottom of the top-50 list in the TIOBE
index - http://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/ ). Is there any reason
in particular it isn't included, or do the D masters have no time
to spare for such trivial things? :) It would be interesting to
see where D fits in the Performance list -
http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/performance.php?test=nbody - don't you think?