DIP10005: Dependency-Carrying Declarations is now available for community feedback

pineapple via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 18 16:48:20 PST 2016

On Monday, 19 December 2016 at 00:44:14 UTC, pineapple wrote:
> On Sunday, 18 December 2016 at 23:18:27 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Great, thanks. Please take a look at the accuracy of the
>> discussion. I expanded the "Workaround" section and moved it
>> near the top.
>
> I would also like to register that while I respect your
> argument regarding scalability, I have personally found that a
> greater number of smaller files is easier to manage than a
> smaller number of larger files. Including for the 580,000+ line
> project I work on for a living.

(Granted, that old ugly codebase has a lot of problems of its
own, and smaller files does not always mean small on the same
scale that mach.d's files are small, but I can tell you from
experience that once a single ~4,000 line module was broken down
into many ~200 line modules, that code became a great deal easier
to understand and to reason about and to maintain.)