D future ...

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 20 04:43:38 PST 2016

On 12/20/16 3:41 AM, Benjiro wrote:
> [snip]

Thanks for the rant. Though it was pretty awesome, I too feel the focus
was missing in the sense that I'm unclear on what steps we can take to
alleviate your pain points. Do you want more or less in the language and
the standard library? Do you want me to get on things like editor
integration I have no expertise in? What would be Cliff's notes of this
post?

> Maybe you want to freaking ask the authors of for instants std.database
> etc why they feel unwilling to add it to the standard library git.

Erik Smith has been on board with adding his work to the standard
library from day one, and he has our full support. He gave a talk at
DConf. As sadly it sometimes happens with volunteers, time is a precious
commodity for us all and volunteer projects are the first to be dropped
in a crunch. Framing this politically is not quite helpful.

Are you thinking of a different database package?

Thanks,

Andrei