CTFE Status

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 20 08:53:21 PST 2016

Hey Guys I wanted to give a quick update.

I recently fixed an interesting bug that happened de-referencing
null pointers to the heap.
That would cause arrays to be overwritten, when passed as
arguments.
That bug had me stuck for a few hours.

Getting Function-Calls right will be impossible,
if the ABI issues remain.

Currently it's about the handling of pointers.
My architecture forbids pointers to the stack, therefore every
time you take the address of something it needs to be pushed onto
the heap.
And then the heap-value and the stack-value needs to be kept in
sync with each other.
This is rather complicated, so it will take a while to get right.
At this point it might take another month until function calls
are working.

--
On a different note.
Thanks for your continued moral support.