DIP10005: Dependency-Carrying Declarations is now available for community feedback

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 20 12:51:54 PST 2016

I've asked Joakim about this via email just now, likely other folks also
know the answer:

1. I found these PRs related to local imports:

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4361
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4365
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4370
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4373
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4379
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4392
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4467

Are there more? Is there a central point for them (such as a bugzilla
issue)?

2. I see you've done a bunch of work in the area. Where, in your
estimate, are we on the spectrum of making imports local without a
major reorganization? Any low-hanging fruit to look at, or have Joakim,
Ilya, Jack and others made a pass through most/all modules already?

Thanks!