Red Hat's issues in considering the D language

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 20 16:11:39 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 20 December 2016 at 23:08:28 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Hello, a few engineers at Red Hat are taking a look at using
> the D language on the desktop and have reached out to us. They
> have created a list of issues. We are on the top-level ones,
> and of course would appreciate any community help as well.
>
> https://gist.github.com/ximion/77dda83a9926f892c9a4fa0074d6bf2b
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

It's always the same thing, isn't it ?

DMD isn't free software (as non redistribuable), poor integration
with existing tools and file format (here deps files, but
generally almost everything use its own format rather than
industry standard), non standard command line flags/syntax, and
unittest are kind of weird.