DIP 1007 - keywords as identifiers with an escape symbol - feedback

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 21 15:21:58 PST 2016

On Monday, 19 December 2016 at 10:28:31 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> On Monday, 19 December 2016 at 09:58:28 UTC, default0 wrote:
>> That doesn't solve the complications this introduces if you
>> want to serialize to/from members with these names, as seen in
>> the Examples section of the DIP.
>
> Yes it does. See my answer to Stefan.
> In the code you write #delegate, but the identifier is, as
> known by the compiler, just "delegate". See the unit tests that
> passed already several times:
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6324/files#diff-60ac3d231ebb78f79477cc2520a37200R19

Actually the second example didn't work. I've updated the DIP and
added (and this time tested...) an archaic serialization system
that shows more clearly what's the point.

It should be quite straightforward to test. The lexer is rarely
modified so I doubt there's ever be any conflict when rebasing to
master.