Red Hat's issues in considering the D language

hardreset via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 21 16:59:27 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 21 December 2016 at 18:33:52 UTC, Brad Anderson
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 December 2016 at 16:41:56 UTC, hardreset wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 21 December 2016 at 16:30:15 UTC, bachmeier
>> wrote:

>>> What does it mean to "move" to LDC? Why can't you use LDC now?
>>
>> Moving the reference compiler to LLVM as was suggested in the
>> list.
>
> I've never been able to understand why it matters.

Cause people think LDC is better and it would be a big win if
everyone focused just on that. It's not about which has "official
compiler" slapped on it, it's about where the development effort
is focused.

That said I dont care really, I was just curious what the
solution was to the closed source back end was.