ModuleInfo, factories, and unittesting

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 22 09:46:06 PST 2016

On Thursday, 22 December 2016 at 09:10:53 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/21/2016 11:24 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 12/21/2016 9:43 AM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>>> You need some kind of linker support to do this to provide the
>>> start/end symbols.
>>
>> That's partially correct. I've done this for decades by having
>> the compiler
>> itself emit those symbols.
>>
>> There are other tricks one can do, such as putting the
>> pointers into the
>> exception handler tables sections.
>>

> Or have the compiler call a "registerUnittest()" function with
> a parameter that's the pointer to the unittest info. Of course,
> that would require that a registerUnittest function exists
> somewhere.

I don't know what other people think but the current status of
build-in unittests are #1 issue for a quick development. The
inability to give test a name (plus selective unittesting) and
continue on failure is puzzling to me.

Cheers,
Piotrek